Continue to content

I want a divorce in case of legal cohabitation

This can be done simply by making a declaration at your town or city hall, but be sure to think about the consequences too.

You can end a legal cohabitation by making a declaration at the registrar of births, marriages and deaths in your city or municipality. You can also do this on your own; your partner does not necessarily have to agree to this.

At the end of a legal cohabitation, the assets must be divided between you and your partner. If you have children, it must also be decided with whom the children will stay. If you do not agree, you will have to go to a judge who will decide.

A lawyer has the legal knowledge and experience to assist you during this often emotionally difficult period. A lawyer will ensure that your best interests are defended, both by mutual agreement and in court should it come to that.

Share this article

Share this article

Find a lawyer

Not sure about your situation and want to find a lawyer near you?

Ook interessant


Read more

I want a divorce

Read more